Aquarium Co-Op in Edmonds

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
This is going to sound like a suck up review - but I will assure you, it's not. If you visit my YELP page, you will immediately discover that I'm a tell it like it is kind of gal. https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=MPW_u-kvz-th-2tqqURigQ

Overall experience: 5
Cost: 5
Quality of fish: 5 (since there is no 10 for fabulous - makes Petco look like a Nazi death camp)
Variety: 4 (there's no room for more - I wish there was!)
Service: 5 (since there is no 10 for fabulous)

My newest Sunday habit is meandering into The Co-Op to get "a little something" and some solid advice. The kids that work on Sunday are full of great info and happily answer even the dumbest question from a Planted Tank newbie like me. If you're a beginner to the hobby, don't hesitate. Go in. You'll get some solid advice and, very soon, you'll soon be addicted like the rest of us!

Reactions: Mac

Jeffro

Overall Experience: 5
Cost: 4
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety: 4
Service: 5

One of the best! Nice clean store and aquariums! I was impressed with the health of the fish. You can tell that Cory cares about what he does.

Reactions: Mac

FishBeast

Variety: 5

Bear with my somewhat lengthy rave review.

Decided to visit Aquarium Co-Op for the first time as I was driving through during the "snowstorm".
IMG_0391.JPG

All I can say is that the legends are true! Very clean store, well organized and the dry goods are clearly and intuitively labeled. The fish are the healthiest you will see anywhere! They were all colored up and very active, munching on green beans (maybe that's the secret)!
IMG_0394.JPG

I told myself that I was just going to look but then a puffer that I had been researching for a while was in stock and was even cheaper than where I was going to buy from online. It was this blue-eyed beauty who captivated me in the store. Just look at that smile!
IMG_0418.JPG

And also of course, Cory was friendly, knowledgeable and obviously took pride in how he runs his business! You don't see that every day. It shows too. The fish are healthy and happy, translating into an easier time for you when you take them home. Great selection, great prices, great advice. Plus he can pretty much get you any fish you need and he quarantines them for you!

Oh, and I also met this handsome fella!
IMG_0393.JPG

Folks, this is what an LFS should aspire to be. Definitely worth the drive. Thank you and I'll be back!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Quality of Fish: N/A (on-line purchase)

The Co-Op is quite a drive for me so I am basing this review off the online site. After getting left high and dry by Amazon I went looking elsewhere for a product and it turned out to be available in my backyard. Not only available but also cheaper and ultra fast service and fast shipping! So I had to remind those like me that the Co-Op does have a website and it is easy to use and the service was outstanding! Thanks Cory!!!

Last edited:

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Quality of Fish: N/A (on-line purchase)

The Co-Op is quite a drive for me so I am basing this review off the online site. After getting left high and dry by Amazon I went looking elsewhere for a product and it turned out to be available in my backyard. Not only available but also cheaper and ultra fast service and fast shipping! So I had to remind those like me that the Co-Op does have a website and it is easy to use and the service was outstanding! Thanks Cory!!!

And let's not forget, even if your USPS Postal Worker is a DATE NAZI - the Co-Op takes care of their own. Big loves to Kali and Ali who keep a look out for the returned parcel and satisfied THIS deliriously happy customer.

Lessons learned? Go to the store. It's soooo much more fun than ordering online!!! hahahahahahahaha I was being lazy that day.....

Jeffro

Cost: 4
Variety: 4

This was my second visit. I called ahead of time and was told there were some Australian Rainbowfish, but what they failed to tell me was that they were still in quarantine and were not on the floor yet. So, the main fish I wanted will have to wait, but the trip down was not a waste and the employees were very apologetic, helpful, and friendly.

We also purchased a couple african dwarf frogs for my son, some guppies (Cory may make me a guppy fan again), some plants, a sponge filter, and Easy Carbon. The tanks looked excellent and there were some of the most colorful German Blue Rams and Fancy Red guppies I have ever seen. Amazing!

Totally jealous of Cory living his dream to sell and keep so many amazing fish, but he is doing it because he is knowledgeable, keeps things simple, and does a great job.

Now for another trip down to pick up some rainbowfish...still cheaper than ordering online and much healthier fish than our local fish stores.

Thank you Aquarium Coop!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Went to three stores today and this was the 3rd on the list. It was very clean, well stocked and very friendly employees. They are taking the pandemic seriously here. You have to knock to be let in, have a mask on and you get temperature checked when you come in. I was impressed with the stock with a nice selection of community fishes. I picked up a couple sponge filters while there.

Jeffro

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4 - I still need to purchase some supplies elsewhere
Service 5

I've been by numerous times now. Well worth the drive!

Cory and his staff have set the standard for what a fish store should be! :) I'm always impressed with how clean the store and aquariums look. Prices are great. Staff is attentive and friendly. Website and content are amazing! Some of the best supplies (even though there is a limited selection, they carry most of what is needed and really vet the products they carry).

I have had a couple instances of employees giving information that isn't correct, but overall the service has been so outstanding that I'd still give it a 5.

I only wish I lived closer to the store.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

The only real negatives to Aquarium Co-Op? The selection is fish is generally more community friendly so if you are into large cichlids or aggressive species you will need to look elsewhere. Also the location... Edmonds is a bit of a drive for us South Sound people.

I went in on a Sunday and yep it was BUSY, which made browsing a bit tough but still got a chance to look at tanks and fish. Was super tempted by an oddball pleco, I believe it was the 'spiny monster' pleco for $99, but I was able to walk away since I have nowhere to put him, lol. The tanks were clean, fish looked healthy and the staff super friendly and helpful.

I ended up just buying some pleco caves
A2628DA0-C8E8-4A26-8B74-0865C73E5D2C.jpeg
Have to say I love the quality of the Aquarium Co-Op stuff. Definitely designed by a fish keeper! Great overall visit! Also nice to see the have acquired the shop next door and appear to be expanding... would be even better if there was a second location further south, lol

BPSabelhaus

Probably making my first visit today :)

Last minute kinda have to get another car and one of the ones the wife wants to look at and probably buy is at the Nissan dealer like half a mile away lol Lucky me. Lucky wife too. She's taking on a hospital in North Seattle and her 2014 Leaf just doesn't have the range. So 2022 or 2023 Leaf it is lol She had been planning on eventually upgrading and wanted a Tesla. But, she is now in love with the Ariya now. Her per diem for a new car (she's a great negotiator lol) can basically put her in a newer Leaf for only a few bucks out of pocket. Good reasons for new car, no accident lol